Calendar of Events
No matter what the season, there is always something going on in the Village of Scio. Keeping our residents informed of scheduled events and local happenings is important.
Know of an upcoming event that we need to add? Give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to add it for you.
Halloween Trick or Treat
Begins: 10/18/2021 - 3:00
Ends: 10/30/2021 - 6:00
The Village of Scio will host Halloween Trick or Treat October 30, 2021, from 3-6pm
The Fire department will be assisting the Village to provide a safe environment for the children
Questions can be addressed to 740 945 5572
Hiring Event : Village of Scio
Position with the Village of Scio: Description
The Public Works Maintenance and Operations worker is a position designated by the Village Council for the Village of Scio. The primary responsibilities of this position are the operation of the water and wastewater treatment facilities, the maintenance of Village property as well as the use of light and heavy-duty Village equipment, and maintenance of underground infrastructure. The position of Public Works Maintenance and Operations worker has specific responsibilities for operation of public utilities, removal of snow and ice, repairing water service leaks, maintenance and repair of the sewer system, tree maintenance, brush cleanup, sign maintenance, Village property maintenance, etc. To perform these major duties, maintenance and Operations workers will be expected to maintain and clean their equipment, restock depleted inventories, work cooperatively with co-workers and contractors, and continue their education and training as specified by the Village Administrator or direction of the Mayor. The following requirements are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. It is in the best interest of the taxpayers to receive services at the lowest possible cost, other tasks as from time to time assigned shall be deemed to be included in this position description.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily tasks and operations at either water or wastewater treatment facility
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment that is needed at the water or wastewater facilities.
Additional job requirements:
- Snow and Ice removal on Village roadways
- Operates Village heavy and light duty equipment.
Repair line breaks in water line infrastructure
- Repair water main breaks in accordance with approved Village policy and
- Assists in all water main repairs.
- Restore water service and check for leaks
- Document repairs with GIS software
Repair line breaks in sanitary infrastructure
- Repair sanitary main breaks in accordance with approved Village policy and procedures
- Document repairs with GIS software
PERFORMS RIGHT-OF-WAY AND PARK MAINTENANCE
- Repairs and maintains street markers and signage.
- Removes animals and storm damage debris from right-of-way and Village properties.
- Performs public inspections as directed.
- Removes, repairs, and/or secures damaged equipment.
- Maintains ball fields and Village property.
- Analyzes equipment as directed by general work order.
- Removes, replaces, and repairs meter equipment as required
PUBLIC WORKS MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS:
2 Removes debris related to weather in a timely manner and with caution.
3.Readies equipment for removal efforts by assuring proper operation of plow and providing for adequate salt
4.Provides snow and ice removal efforts on Village roadways
- Required twenty-four (24) hour “on-call” status for snow removal in accordance
with Village policy and procedures.
- High School diploma
- Valid Driver's license, no serious traffic violations within the past 24 months
- No felony convictions
4.Pass initial drug test and follow-on random testing
Preferred and required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform critical thinking.
- Must be able to lift an object of forty (40) pounds
- The employee must be physically able to drive trucks, heavy equipment, tractors, and basic lawn equipment
- Employee must possess and maintain a Valid State Driver's License
- Employee must demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Employee must be able to read, write, and have the ability to learn and apply technical knowledge regarding facility operations as well as the use of special equipment and machinery operated by the Village.
- Must have the physical health and ability to work in all kinds of weather conditions.
- Must have the physical ability to function effectively in varied terrain, i.e., hilly, unpaved, in trenches, etc.
- Must have the ability and aptitude for working alone without supervision and for completing tasks and duties as assigned.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- All employees are expected to practice safe work habits at all times. Please refer to the safety manuals, Village Ordinances, and directives given by competent authority
Resumes can be dropped off at the Village office in a sealed envelope in the drop box for water bills or mailed to Village of Scio P.O. Box 307 Scio, Ohio 43988.